Hey how's it going? I had a good week. Thanks for all the goodies and the recorder! It was good to hear from everybody! I'll probably send you one back today or tomorrow.
So Sunday I gave the lesson on knowledge for our district meeting. It was pretty fun. We had a good discussion. I read a little bit of the paper Jake sent me on getting a good education. D and C 84:85 is a really good scripture too. You should check it out. I also talked about Ammon and King Lamoni, how Lamoni thought Ammon was the Great Spirit because he knew his thoughts and had great strength. Ammon said something like," no I'm not, but a portion of his spirit dwells in me and gives me power and knowledge according to my righteous desires." We went over a lot of scriptures too; I wish I had them with me..Oops. I think one thing was in Proverbs 10:13-20 or somewhere close to there. It gives a lot of blessings that we receive through knowledge, wisdom, and understanding.
We did pretty well at the TRC Saturday. We taught our investigators about the Plan of Salvation and the Word of Wisdom. We didn't get through the whole thing, but they committed to keep the Word of Wisdom. This week we are teaching the Plan of Salvation again and the Law of Tithing. That's definately something I can testify about! Its crazy how many things have popped up out of no where since I have been paying my tithing! Apx, insurance, gun, and probably lots of other things that I don't even realize.
We had Elder Kikuchi from the 1st 70 come last Tuesday. He's a really good speaker. He talked about how he was converted. I guess his whole family got killed on a fishing boat by a U.S. sub during World War 2. He was the only survivor, and later he worked and took night classes to try and get an education. He got really sick and he was close to dying. He was 14 at that time. Some missionaries came and asked if they could teach him. He said “I hate Americans, you killed my family!” They said we have a message about a boy that was 14 just like you who saw God and Jesus Christ. Can we talk to you? He said they had ten minutes! They taught him and 2 weeks later he was baptized!



No comments:
Post a Comment