Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mission Tour with Elder Choi


Yoon Hwan Choi was born in Seoul, Korea on May 18, 1957. He married Bon Kyung Koo in September 1982. They are the parents of three children and reside in Seoul, Korea.

Elder Yoon Hwan Choi was sustained a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on April 4, 2009, at age 51. At the time of his call, he had been serving as a member of the Eighth Quorum of the Seventy in the Asia North Area. He is currently serving as a counselor in the Asia North Area Presidency.


Hey Family!
Man, I had a really good day today! Yesterday, today, and tomorrow is a Mission Tour with Elder Yoon H. Choi. He's in the First Quorum of the Seventy...the one who spoke in conference last year. He's here talking to our missionaries for three days. We have to set up everything and prepare the meals and stuff so we get to attend all 3 days! I've learned a lot at both conferences so far. He talked a lot about how to teach our investigators the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We read through 2 Nephi 31:2-14 and talked about the meaning of each verse. Some cool things I learned were about the "tongue of angels" or the Holy Ghost speaking to our investigators through us and also about inviting our investigators to follow the example of Jesus Christ in being baptized and receiving the Holy Ghost. I don't have time to write too much about what I learned, but you can just go and read 2Nephi 31 on your own and see!
Brother Kim Myeon Sae is getting baptized this Thursday! It didn't work out to do it on Christmas day like we were planning originally, but he had his interview last Sunday and is planning on Thursday! He' s going to be a really strong member I think! He actually gave a lecture about religion and our church to a bunch of University student body presidents last week! I'm Outa time but I'll tell ya more about him later.
I love you,
Elder Lufkin

No comments:

Post a Comment