Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Brother Sae's Baptism



Dear Family,
We had a great week last week! Brother Kim Myeong Sae's baptismal service went great and he got the Gift of the Holy Ghost yesterday. At the baptismal service our stake patriarch, who has fellowshipped Kim Myeong Sae, gave a really good talk and afterwards, Elder Lee and I sang "Come Thou Fount" in Korean. Then, after we performed the ordinance, Kim Myeong Sae told his conversion story very humbly. I think it was the best baptismal service I've been to. He's doing great and it looks like he'll probably be called to be a ward missionary. He's already referred a college student that heard his lecture about our church to missionaries in another area. Yesterday, at church our bishop gave him the book "Jesus the Christ" by James E. Talmage and another member gave him "The Miracle of Forgiveness." He'll probably have both of them read in like 2 weeks!


New Year's Hike with our ward


Here are some pictures from New Year's Day up on a mountain. A lot of Koreans hike up a mountain on New Year’s morning to watch the sun come up. We went with our ward. On the way down one of the office Elders, Elder Dicou, got lost and we had to hike all the way back up to find him!





After the hike we went back to the church with our ward and ate soup and shoveled some snow.

I also sent a picture from our Family Home Evening night at the church. We go every week on Wednesday night and have a lesson, food, and a game. Last week we made Peanut butter, Banana, and Jam sandwiches.
We have been finding new investigators pretty consistently lately and we have some good ones right now. It's been kind of hard to focus on our investigators as much as we should though because with the mission tour and the New Year there's been a lot of office stuff to do. I think this week we'll have more time in our area though.
I've had some good study and I've been thinking a lot about 2 scriptures lately: Moroni 7:45 and D&C 4:5. One talks about having Christlike love and one is about faith, hope, charity and love with an eye single to the glory of God. I've felt like if I can improve on those two things then I'll be about as good of a missionary as I can be.
Anyways, I hope you all have a good week!
Love,
Elder Lufkin

No comments:

Post a Comment