Monday, November 1, 2010

Overnight Trip to the Mountains




BBQ Supper


Sheep Ranch


Condos we stayed in

Sorry I didn't get any time to email last week. It was haircut and groceries or e-mail! Right next to our house is a church building that’s not currently being used and we got invited by the administration office to a mandatory church cleaning party! We had to move out a bunch of old furniture and junk and it took most of our p-day time. A lot of stuff has happened over the last two weeks though.
On the 22nd and 23rd we went with our stake on an overnight trip to the mountains! We left Friday on buses and traveled for about 3 hours and got there after dark. We had a BBQ and hung out for a little bit then slept in some condos that the stake rented. They were really nice! Then on Saturday morning we played chokoo (tennis with a soccer ball) with the young men and at 10:00 got back on the buses and went to a cow/sheep/emu ranch to hike around. It was pretty cool, especially for the Koreans who had never been to the mountains or seen a ranch before. They had huge windmills up there too just like the ones by I.F. Around 3:00 PM we got back on the buses and came home. To be honest I was surprised that president let us go, but it was really fun and we got a lot closer with our members.
On the 30th we had a big stake Halloween party. The missionaries were in charge of it and so we put up decorations, got the food and music, and prepared a bunch of games. Elder Kim and I did pumpkin bowling. It was way fun and lots of investigators were able to come and some members brought there friends.
Elder Kim and I are pretty busy lately. We're helping President with transfers and preparing for conferences that are coming up. I'm learning a lot! Things in our area are going pretty good, but we need to find some new investigators! I told you about Kim Myeong Sae, the guy who's read the whole Book of Mormon already, he came to church yesterday and he's still progressing pretty well. He originally had no belief in Heavenly Father but thought there must be some kind of God out there. He told us that as he's met with us and done the things we asked him too that he's starting to believe. We're trying to help him recognize the feelings that he's received from the Holy Ghost and have the faith to get baptized and receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost.
I'm excited to get out and find some good new investigators this week!
I hope you're all doing awesome!
I love you,
Elder Lufkin

No comments:

Post a Comment