Sunday, October 17, 2010

I had a really good week. Elder Kim and I have been out trying to find some new investigators. We've met some good people through contacting on the street and from English class. It's been a fun week, but I'm pretty beat from walking around talking to people so much! We are meeting a few investigators that are progressing. Only one new grandpa was able to come to church though. We're working way hard so hopefully we'll be able to find some prepared people here pretty soon.
Starting next week we'll have to start preparing some training for the transfer so hopefully it doesn't take to much time away from working in our area. Things here are going really good though.
I went on exchanges with another missionary last week and got a really good idea from him on how to have the spirit more. It's a 40 day fast from things that keep you from focusing on missionary work or having the spirit with you. You do a normal fast from food and water for 24 hours and make a list of things that you want to avoid. Then for the next 40 days you pray morning and night to have the strength to avoid the things on the list. I put the list of things that I want to quit doing in my planner so I can look at them often. It's been really good and I've felt better lately. I've also felt like I've been able to discern investigators needs better in lessons.
I hope you all have an awesome week!
I love you,
Elder Lufkin

No comments:

Post a Comment