How are you all doing? I had a really fun and busy week!
I came to my new area last Monday to figure out how to do everything that I need to at the office. We've been really busy with picking up new missionaries, training them and their trainers, sending home returning missionaries, and making new training for the mission. We get out and do missionary work whenever we have time, but we spend a lot of time doing office stuff too. It was cool when we went to get new missionaries at the airport because the TaeJon Mission president was also there to get new missionaries and my MTC companion Elder Pearson was there because he's an AP in that mission.
Things in our area are going pretty good. My new companion Elder Kim is a way good missionary. He didn't know much English before his mission, but he's pretty good now. We talk a lot in Korean so I'm getting better at that . We have a lot of investigators, but I haven't been able to meet that many of them yet. There's on guy named Kim Young Sae who has read the whole Book of Mormon and has come to church quite a bit, but he just won't get baptized yet. It seems like he wants to get some big answer or sign like Joseph Smith did. I talked to Elder Heyrend and he said that in my old area, our investigator Kim Jin Young that had a baptism date was able to almost totally quit smoking! He's planning to get baptized on the 17th!
The weather here is getting a little cold so we started wearing jackets again.
Everything here is going good!
Love,
Elder Lufkin



No comments:
Post a Comment