Sunday, September 26, 2010

New babtism! I'm transferring! We won in Soccer!

• New baptism! I'm transferring! We won in soccer!‏
Dear Family,
We had another killer week in Sin Dang!
Kim Jin Young, the 21 year old kid, set a goal to be baptized on October 10th! He has a lot of desire to follow Jesus Christ and keep His commandments, but it will be hard for him to quit smoking. We're going to try and meet up with him every day to help him stay strong. He came to church on Sunday and had a good time and learned a lot from the lesson in Elders Quorum. We will also meet up with him today and eat lunch together.
Pak Rae Un and his family are doing well too. He and his wife can't come to church yet because they have an English class on Sundays for the next two months, but they sent their kids to church yesterday and they liked it pretty well. They are 10 and 13 years old. The older kid actually was already friends with another member in our ward.
Elder Heyrend and I have been having a good time serving together. He's pretty laid back and he's a really easy person to get along with. Our zone has all been doing really well too and we're all pretty tight. It's too bad that the transfer's over and our zone will be changing up a lot. I heard last week that I'll actually be transferring tomorrow. I'll be serving as an assistant to President Lee in the mission office area called Sam Chung. It's actually in the same zone that I'm right now. I'm pretty excited to serve around President Lee and see how everything works. I'm gonna be pretty busy though I think. I'll get to drive for the first time in a year and a half, so that'll be fun! My companion is a Korean Elder named Kim Joon Young. I'm excited to be able to work with him. Back when I was with Elder Rigby, he told me that Elder Kim is the best teacher he ever served with.
Last week on P-day our soccer tournament was awesome! Our zone won the soccer tournament so we got prizes from the other zones then we played ultimate Frisbee and our team took it too! My legs were pretty sore for a couple days, but it was worth it!
Everything here is going awesome. Time has been flying by like crazy. I hope you're all doing good!
Love,
Elder Lufkin

No comments:

Post a Comment