Tuesday, November 16, 2010


Seafood Buffet


Bishop and family


P-Day-Pruning Trees


Temple day! Elder Lee - Elder Lufkin


Elder Kim - Elder Lufkin

Here's some pics of what I've been doing lately. Since Elder Kim left and I got a new companion we've had a lot of meals with members to say good bye and to welcome Elder Lee Yoo Jin. We went to a way good sea food buffet that I sent a picture of and then there's a pic of us with our bishop and his family too. The one that we're wearing normal clothes in is from when we went to help out an old single lady prune her trees. We got to go to the temple the last two weeks in a row also!
I like my new companion a lot. Elder Lee You Jin or Eugene Lee. His parents are Korean, but he was born in Rexburg, then moved to Provo and then to L.A. He's got a lot of fire still so that's really nice. We did some training together at the start of the transfer and it went really well and we're finding a lot of new investigators too.
Now I'm planning to extend my mission for a month and a half if possible. At the time that I was scheduled to go home there will be a lot of new missionaries coming in so a few people will be extending one transfer to help train them. Originally I was planning to go to the 2nd block of school at BYUI winter semester, but now I'll probably just go to the spring semester.
Kim Myeong Sae is still progressing and thinking about baptism. He says next time we meet he'll tell us the date that he wants to be baptized on! He's progressed a lot. When I first met him he wasn't sure if the Book of Mormon is true or if God really exists, but he's consistently read the Book of Mormon, Prayed, attended church and conference and he's had a lot of "deep impressions" as he's done those things so now he feels that Heavenly Father is there and that our message is true. Now he's just figuring out when he needs to get baptized.
Time's flying by really fast! I can't believe it's Thanksgiving again! We're going to Thanksgiving dinner with some American members on the 25th.
Hope you're all doing well!
Love,
Elder Lufkin

No comments:

Post a Comment