Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Another 'killer week'


Brother and Sister Knudsen, Elder Jung, Elder Lufkin, Ernie, Rebecca and John Chalmers
(Picture courtesy of Brother Knudsen)

This week has been pretty killer. Ernie is progressing really well and he did great in his baptismal interview. Elder Jung will baptize him on Saturday and then he'll get the Gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday. Normally we'd do both on Sundays but conference is the week after and we didn't want him to wait two weeks. Eating dinner at Knudsen’s with Ernie was awesome! We had tacos with real cheese on them! We had a really good lesson afterwards too. The spirit is always so strong when we have lessons at their house! Too bad they're leaving this transfer. Another thing that was really good was (a talk) from sister Knudsen about Faith. She quoted from Elder Pearson that, "faith comes from God as a reward for righteous living," or something close to that. That makes a lot of sense and tells you what to do to get more faith! I need some cause we haven't been finding too many new investigators lately.
We had Zone Conference on Tuesday and it was sweet. We talked a lot about getting the "To the Rescue" program going in our wards for new and returning members. I guess they did it in the states last year and the number of baptisms (greatly increased) in the US.
Conference is a week later outside of English countries because they have to translate it.
In my study I just finished the Book of Mormon and started it again and I'm reading D+C too. I'm in section 18 right now. And yeah we are still getting up at 5:30 for study.
Oh and Wilson dropped because of his wife I think. Darn it.
Well, have a good week! I love you.
Elder Lufkin

No comments:

Post a Comment