Tuesday, February 24, 2009

02.24.2009

Hey how are ya? Thanks a lot for all the drink mix and all the goodies. That stuff works pretty good. It'll probably last quite a while.
I had a good week. They are starting to fly by now. The Referral Center is way fun. We get to go once or twice a week and chat with investigators and teach them and answer questions. One night they couldn't filter the wierdos for some reason so that got kind of interesting. Ha ha. We got to learn French and Korean that day!
We taught in Korean on Saturday. It went alright, but there’s a lot of room for improvement! The person we taught was a return missionary from Korea. This week we teach the Restoration again and I think it'll go a lot smoother.
You probably heard from Jake but we had M. Russell Ballard come and talk to us last Tuesday. That was cool. He focused a lot on staying positive on our missions so that we attract investigators and put out a good image for the church. He also talked a lot on making sure that people feel the spirit when we teach them because that is what will convert them. Not the info that we give them.
Wednesday we get a bunch of new Koreans! That’s exciting. Also on Wednesday our whole zone is starting an ‘English fast’ except for personal and companion study and certain times in class. That'll be tough but I think it will help us out a lot.
Everything has been going well. I was going to start working out during gym, but I decided I'd rather play a game of something. I'll probably loose like 20 pounds when I have to start eating Kim Chee any ways. Ha... Oh and I guess they won't let us eat any dog meat over there unless some one fixes it for us for dinner so I doubt I get to eat that.
We got a new district leader last week, its Elder Jorgeson. He's a cool kid and I think he'll do good. That’s about all the news for the week I guess.
I learned something cool in Priesthood Sunday. Nephi saw the Holy Ghost and talked to him face to face. I had never heard that. It’s in 1 Nephi 11:11. Well I'll be looking forward to hearing from ya! I hope you're doing good!
I love you
Elder Lufkin

No comments:

Post a Comment