Tuesday, February 17, 2009

02.17.2009

Hey! How are you? I've had a good week. We have been working hard on vocabulary for teaching in Korean on Saturday. For companion study we have been saying sentences back and forth in Korean from our Restoration outlines. It goes pretty slow, but we should be a little better by Saturday. We are also working on memorizing the 1st vision in Korean by Saturday so we can use it in our lesson. I'm about half way through so I should have it by then.
The older 2 districts of Korean elders just left yesterday. They were cool guys and it was nice to be able to ask them questions. We get some new Korean elders in a week so we'll be the "older" Koreans. That means we will also bless the sacrament on Sunday in Korean.
I've seen Dell and Janice Olaveson at lunch a few times and talked to them for a little bit. It’s good to talk to someone from our ward.
We went to the temple this morning and did sealings. That was cool. It was my first time doing that. The sealer was cool to talk to. He had been on a few missions and spoke 5 or 6 languages. He had some good advice.
Sunday was a good day. We have been going to "Music and the Spoken Word" broadcast the last couple weeks and that’s pretty good. I never thought I'd like MOTAB this much. HA ha.
Every week we get a topic to prepare a 5 min talk on for sacrament meeting. This week it was on the gift of the Holy Ghost. They pick 2 people to come up and talk during the meeting and I got picked. I was glad I prepared a little bit!
I'm really enjoying it here. My testimony has grown a lot. Mostly because I have been able to feel the spirit. It’s an awesome feeling! We had a speaker that said, ”feeling the Holy Ghost is a taste of what Eternal Life will be like.." so that’s pretty motivating.
Thanks for all the letters and the good stuff you've sent me. Hearing from home always makes me happy.
You got me some good suits. A lot of the elders have had rips or buttons pop off but I’ve had good luck so far. Everybody digs my ties and shoes too, I'm lucky my family has such good taste!
I hope you’re doing well, I love you.

Elder Lufkin

No comments:

Post a Comment