Hey I hope you're all having fun at Lopez!(and Leslie and John in Norway!)
I had a way good week!
Yesterday Sister Eem Sam Nyae came out to church again with her son. She had a good time and is prepared to be baptized next week. She told us as she's studied the gospel and tried to repent her heart has changed and she has become more comfortable and peaceful in life. We also had a couple teenage girls named Pak Sun Young and Kim Yae Un come to church yesterday. The sister missionaries that used to work in this area referred them to us and they are doing really well. They read the Book of Mormon together and feel like its true! We plan to set a date with them for baptism next Thursday.
Our zone is doing really well lately. We have 4 assistants to the president and 2 office elders in our zone. In the past they hadn't done much missionary work because they felt like they were too busy with their other duties, but this transfer they have been doing pretty good. We have some sister missionaries in our zone that are really ripping it up. They have a desire to share the gospel with everyone and are seeing a lot of success in their area.
Lately we have received a lot of training on teaching by the spirit. It's seemed to help me a lot. Now I try harder to slow down and ask more inspired questions when we teach. It helps a lot to bring out people's concerns and help them to understand better.
Today Elder Wade and I are taking a subway for about an hour and a half to this place to get a custom made suit. I guess you can get pretty much whatever you want for about 110 bucks! Elder Wade really wants to go because he's only got 2 and a half weeks left in country. I'm not planning to get one though.
I've been kind of stressed out lately about different things and I read this scripture in the Book of Mormon that I really liked. It's Mosiah 4:11-12. I wrote it down on a piece of paper and taped it on the wall and I read it whenever I get stressed or frustrated about something. It's pretty good. There's an answer to pretty much any problem in the scriptures.
I love all of you!
Elder Lufkin



No comments:
Post a Comment