Monday, July 19, 2010

Hey Family!
I sent you some pics of the "Blue House" which is where the president of Korea lives and a subway that is like 5 stories underground. My area and our zone are pretty cool as far as cultural stuff goes.
It's been a good week for me and Elder Wade. Before I came to this area there were Sister Missionaries and Elders both, but the sisters aren't here anymore so we are meeting all of their investigators now. One of the investigators that we got from them is Sister Eem Sam Nyae. She is 44 and her 18 year old son has been baptized for about 6 months. Elder Wade and I met her and her son a couple times and we set a date together for her to be baptized on August 8th. It was a really cool lesson when we asked her to be baptized. We read about baptism in 2nd Nephi 31 together and talked about it with her. It really seemed like the spirit was there and helped her understand and know that it was the right choice. We are also teaching a lady named O Jung Un whose boyfriend is a member in a different ward in our stake. She came to church on Sunday with us. We're really trying to help her with her belief in God. She said that the solar system and nature are so amazing and in such perfect order that it seems like there must be a creator behind it, but she doesn't really know for sure.
Well anyways, I gotta go because we are going to the temple today. I hope you all have a good week!
Love,
Elder Lufkin

No comments:

Post a Comment