Sunday, August 22, 2010

New Companion-Elder Heyrend


Hey Lufkin’s,
Here's a pic is of Max. He had a great baptism and is doing great. A guy that he knows in his new branch baptized him. He goes to the English speaking branch which ends an hour after our church in a different area. We plan to keep on meeting him about once a week to teach him the new member lessons and also to help him learn some Korean. He works at a textile plant with a bunch of Koreans so it will be helpful for him.
We met some other new investigators from South Africa last week named Earnest and Lorita. They were a referral from the missionaries in South Africa. They had met the missionaries right before they came to work in Korea and Lorita has really wanted to come to our church. We meet them during the week and they're coming to the English branch for church next week.

Elder Wade is outa here and my new companion is Elder Heyrend from Ontario, Oregon. His dad is actually an anesthetic nurse and he is planning to do the same thing just like Jake. His dad enjoys it a lot. Elder Heyrend is way nice and easy going. He's been out for about 3 months less than me and was in the old Seoul mission before we combined. He and Jake have got me thinking about going into nursing too. It sounds like a pretty good deal.
On weeks that we go to the temple our p day moves to Tuesday in case you were wondering why I'm late e mailing you. We got to go to the temple today and it was really nice. I was able to think of some things that I want to improve on as a missionary and some goals/standards for when I get home. Afterwards we went to the mokyoktong which was really relaxing. Next we got some groceries to make some good Korean food at our house this week! We're teaching an English class every Tuesday night at our church so I'm going to prepare for that in a second. It's been pretty fun and we've found a lot of new investigators through it. The English class members even threw a party for elder wade last week when he went home.
I hope you're all doing well. I love you guys,
Elder Lufkin

No comments:

Post a Comment