Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Proselyte Changes and Transfers

We've had a good week. Yesterday was especially good. Our whole mission is starting to proselyte a little different. We used to bring up our English program when we'd talk to people on the street and a lot of the time we'd talk to people alone to talk to more people. Now we don't talk about English at all and always Proselyte together. It’s been way good. We have to work a lot harder to get our goal of how many people we talk with, but it’s a lot more effective. We're not allowed to talk to women on the street, but we usually talk to every guy we see. Yesterday, we met some really good new investigators and we could just feel the spirit more as we talked to people.
We had interviews with President Burton a couple days ago and he said that Elder Houston is leaving this area but I'll be staying next transfer. That kind of sucks, but oh well. We planned Kang Sun Oo's baptism date for this week, but we'll have to wait a week or two because he's only been able to meet once or twice a week lately because of college and stuff. The school system here makes it hard to meet with investigators. They have school all day, then study all night. I don't know how they can take it!
Thanks for all the pictures! The ranch looks nice. I like the picture of Lana and Jake with the antlers. Ha!
That’s awesome James is going through the temple with Jake. That was really nice to go through with him when I went.
I got the Ipod charger and all the candy (in the mail). Thanks! Elder Houston says thanks too. It’s so nice having some candy during study in the morning. Thanks for the letter too.
Love,
Elder Lufkin

No comments:

Post a Comment