Thursday, July 9, 2009

Missionwide Meeting


Our whole mission got together today to hear Dr. Mark Peterson. He's an Asian Studies Professor at BYU and a previous Mission President in Korea. That was way cool. He talked about religion in Korea and some history and culture and personal experiences. He shared ways that we can relate to what each religion (Buddhism, Shamanism, Confucianism, Catholics) believes and then help them understand that we have the fullness. We also heard from Elder Chai from the Quorum of the 70. He just got back from a 2 month training in Provo. Then we all ate pizza and pop and went home. I also got a letter from you while I was there. Thanks! We're getting a ton of rain here too. I feel like Forest Gump in Vietnam! You get pretty soaked even with an umbrella!
We have an awesome new investigator named Kahng Sun Oo. He's 22 and is going to college. We taught a lesson to him with Ho Ju Suk and that was sweet. Ho Ju Suk is doing awesome too. He’s got such an awesome testimony and he's awesome to teach with.
That’s sweet Lana is coming to stay with you. Tell them all ‘HI’ for me. Anyway...have a fun week with Lana and Devan and Tristan. I miss you guys.
Elder Lufkin

No comments:

Post a Comment