Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Zone Conference

I had a way good week. I just got back from companion exchanges. I went to Elder Jubes area and his companion, Elder Jung, came to our area yesterday. It was good to see how another Elder does stuff and I learned some new Korean and I learned how to play Chang Gi. It’s similar to chess, but it’s a Korean or Chinese game.
On Tuesday we had our zone conference. That was an awesome day. It went from 9 to 4 so we ate lunch (Subway) while we were there too.
We learned a lot about all the steps of baptism and the role our ward should play with the recent converts. The last 2 hours of the meeting were for testimony sharing and short talks from departing missionaries. It was so cool. I could feel the spirit realllllly strong and I was able to think out some questions really clearly that I had been wondering about. Kind of like how it is at the temple.




We have one Elder in our district named Elder Jung that has been out for 6 months. He got called up by the Korean Army and he has to do his mandatory 2 years of service after this transfer ends. I feel pretty bad for him. He is going to come right back to our mission after the 2 years though. We're lucky to live in the U.S.
I think I told you about that 22 year old kid I met on the bus a couple weeks ago named Kang Sun Oo. He came to church twice and all the members fellowshipped him really well. After church last week we made french toast for him and Ho Ju Suk and then taught him the Plan of Salvation. I'm way excited for him. That was an awesome day.
That’s about all the news this week I guess. Thanks for the E mail. Have a good week!
Love,
Elder Lufkin

No comments:

Post a Comment