Sunday, February 6, 2011

New assignment---Trainer and District Leader

Thanks for all your emails and pics! Things are going awesome here! To answer your question, this transfer I'm serving as a trainer and a district leader. It's really nice! I've never done either one before. The area we're in already had two missionaries but we're starting from scratch. Things couldn't be going better for us. We have way good members that help us a lot and we have a good relationship with them already. Our area is great too. And our church is the biggest church building in mainland Asia! It’s got a full size basketball court so that’s been fun! There's actually a pool table too!

We had a goal to find six new investigators this week and we prayed for it and worked way hard and we were able to get it! 5 of them are 17 year old students and one is a 47 year old guy.

Last Tuesday while we were visiting some members we saw some kids playing pool on the sidewalk with rocks and a broom and we went and talked to them. After we talked for a little bit we found out that two girls that were with them lived right across the street from our church and have wanted to go. We made an appointment with them and 5 of them came and met us at the church the next day. We taught them about the gospel and the Restoration and 3 of them were pretty interested. On Sunday, those 3 and 2 of their other friends came to church! We're really excited about them. The two girls that live right across from the church seem especially good. They are Ji Oon and Min Sun. We're meeting with them and their friends again this Wednesday and our Bishop is going to buy pizza for all of them!

We made a plan with our bishop and high priest group leader to get home teaching done in the ward. People in Korea usually work 12 hour days so home teaching doesn't go very well so we plan to visit 6 members a week and we're going to get their home teachers to drive us or meet us there and give a message! I think it'll really help to activate and strengthen our members. I feel like a hypocrite though because I didn't do my home teaching too well when I was at home! I hope you're all doing it!

Have a great week! Love, Elder Lufkin

No comments:

Post a Comment