Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Zone Conference, Sports Conference, General Conference

Hey thanks for the two packages. I got all the snacks and food from Nauvoo and the one with toothpaste and deodorant, but I haven't opened that one yet. That cornbread was dang good! I cooked it yesterday morning. I'm excited to have the muffins too. Elder Rigby just got a package from his girlfriend also, so we've been eating good lately. Sounds like you had a sweet trip. The picture of the temple was way cool.
We're all excited for General Conference this weekend! This is my second one in Korea.
We had a sports conference last week. It was way fun. We played basketball, volleyball, dodgeball, and Cho Koo which is like soccer tennis.
We had Zone Conference on Tuesday. That was great. President Burton gave some good training and talks and we heard from two departing missionaries that gave awesome talks. One of them was a Sister in my district that had a really hard time at the start of her mission and almost went home, but she talked about the story of how she decided to stay and it was pretty amazing. The work is going great for Elder Rigby and I. My Korean has been improving a lot faster since I've been with him. He's been with a Korean Comp for a long time so he helps me with pronunciation and stuff.
We're meeting some really good investigators right now. We met one of them named Han De Bong on the street about 1 week ago. He's about 45. We invited him to church and he came last Sunday. The members treated him really good. He loved our church and all the members. He has a teenage son too that hopefully we can meet. His wife died a little while ago though so I think he'll really like the Plan of Salvation. He is going to conference this week too. Pretty good story.
We've had tons of cool stuff happen in this area. I don't know why but things are going great.
Elder Rigby and I have an awesome time working together. He reminds me of Jake a little bit. He's actually half Korean, but he didn't know any Korean before his mission.
I am wanting to write to Dad, but I don't have his address. Could you just email it next week? Thanks. Have a great week.
I love you,
Elder Lufkin

No comments:

Post a Comment