Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First Week in Dong Jak Ward

This was my first week in Dong Jak Ward. My Comp, Elder Rigby, is our District Leader and my former trainer, Elder Houston, and Elder Lealuai are our Zone Leaders.
This area is awesome! Our house is sweet, there's ton's of good people on the street, our ward members are way nice and they help us a lot with missionary work. Elder Rigby is really fun to be around, too, and we get a lot done. We have two investigators that are progressing right now and we have a lot of other appointments set so we should be picking up a lot more investigators.
I guess you're probably back from your trip already. That’s cool you got to go to Nauvoo. I want to go back there some time when I get home. I have a favor to ask you...I'm on my last tube of toothpaste and the stuff they have here is really weird. It’s kind of like kids toothpaste and doesn't really do anything. Do you think you could send me some more tooth paste and also some deodorant? … you can't buy it here. Could you also send some measuring stuff like teaspoons, tablespoons, 1/4 cup, 1/2 cup etc? They use the metric system here so you can't really get that stuff. That would be too cool. Oh and thanks for the cookie recipe. Koreans love cookies so that'll be good to take some to our members to bribe them for referrals! Hope your vacation was awesome! Have a good week. I love you,
Elder Lufkin

No comments:

Post a Comment