Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"I LOVE GETTING MAIL!"


Elder Houston and Elder Lufkin at Seoul Temple

There are 8 stakes in our mission and there are 4 missions in Korea, so it has grown quite a bit since then. (Note from Elder L’s Mom- I wrote that I talked with Brother Jenkins who went to school with Myron and served a mission in Korea in the 70’s. He was serving when the first stake was formed). There's about 80,000 members in Korea but only about 10,000 are active.
Elder Houston and I are doing awesome. He’s easy to get along with. He's been here about 10 months. We ate some good lunch with that b day money. Thanks! He made me a b day cake, too.

Today, we went to the Mission Home to do "Pass Off" with the AP's.
Pass off is kind of a test on vocabulary, teaching, and scriptures. I passed it off today so that’s good. Now I have 3 bigger books to study and there is a test for each one of them. Elder Houston took the test on the 2nd book today.
I got my mail at the Mission Home. I LOVE GETTING MAIL! I haven't had a chance to read it yet though. We also finally got the conference Ensign in English! We've been waiting forever for it.
We have an awesome new investigator named Ho Joo Suh. He teaches English at an Academy here. He just wanted to learn English at first, but I think he's really interested in the church too. He has awesome questions and has been keeping all our commitments.
I've been studying Moses and Abraham a little bit lately. There is some cool doctrine in there! Do you know how Joseph Smith got the Book of Abraham? I'm almost done with Our Search for Happiness too. It’s a really good book. It explains our beliefs really well. I also read the Book of Mormon for about 30 minutes every day. I'm in 3 Nephi Chapter 18 right now.
Well, thanks for the letter. It’s good to hear from you! Tell Taylor to have fun at the concert and tell Bridger thanks for the awesome Picture. I love you.
Elder Lufkin

No comments:

Post a Comment