Wednesday, June 17, 2009

'Golden' opportunities....


I had an awesome week. Huh Ju Suk wants to get baptized on the 28th! He has progressed really fast and remembers everything he reads and everything we teach him really well. He lives close to our house so we visit him almost every day. We’re also teaching a new 18 year old kid. His name is Sheen Een Jay. He lived in Salt Lake City for a year with an LDS family as a foreign exchange student. He really liked going to church and mutual there. He said LDS people are a lot different than some because they live what they teach and just seem really pure and good. He has been back for 5 months and has been looking for some missionaries to show him where to go to church and stuff. I don't really know what all he's been taught yet.
We got to go to the Temple today. That was really good. I get more out of it every time I go. It makes me want to try and live better.

I wouldn't worry about North Korea too much. No one here is really worried about it. The ex president of South Korea jumped off a cliff and killed himself a couple weeks ago. That was pretty big news.
I had to buy some new shoes today too because I left mine on the subway. Dang it! I'm having a great time though. We have learned to cook some pretty good Korean food. We usually eat pretty well.
Well gotta go. I love you,
Elder Lufkin

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you Jess-keep up the good work! Happy to hear you aren't starving to death-hoping to try your Korean cooking when you return:)

    ReplyDelete