Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fire in the Apartment!

Hey thanks for the Pic’s! Londyn looks cute! That was fun to talk to all of you. It sure went fast though. It didn't seem like we got to talk about much.
I've had a good week. Today is the end of the first transfer so we will be getting a different Elder and Sister in our district. Elder Houston is going to be our District Leader this transfer. I'm glad that we're both staying here another transfer.
We have 3 investigators who are getting pretty close to baptism. Song Young Ho's date was for last Sunday, but we are going to wait 2 or 3 more weeks and review the lessons with him some more and hopefully by then he'll be ready. Jung Ji Yoon or "Joey" is doing really good too. He's 31 years old and we've met with him for 8 weeks. This week we read Lehi's dream with him and Alma 32 and explained the chapters. He really liked it and I hope it will get him more excited about reading the Book of Mormon. We are also meeting a family every Sunday. They are awesome! There is a 13 year old boy and a 7 year old girl. Their Dad, Moon Sung Chey, really want them to grow up believing in God and he (the dad) has a Mormon friend in Utah so he's glad to have us meet with them. The Boy read the whole ‘Book of Mormon Stories’ book last week and the boy and the girl both said awesome prayers after our lesson.




We had a fun experience cooking yesterday. I was deep frying some stuff called Man Doo and it caught on fire! There were some pretty big flames and it was hard to put out because it was grease. Water didn't work so we covered it up with another pan and it finally went out. The fire got black stuff all over our other dishes above the sink so we had to wash them all and wipe up the grease because it splattered everywhere. Ha! It was pretty fun though.
Well that’s about it I guess. I hope you have a good week.
Love,
Elder Lufkin

No comments:

Post a Comment