

Our ward has about 15 families right now and we are getting 16 more people from another ward that split. I study the Book of Mormon every morning for about 30 min. It is cool to talk about what we learned during companion study. We have some good discussions. I'm in 2nd Nephi right now. I also read Jesus the Christ a lot, Our Search for Happiness, and Preach My Gospel. Jesus the Christ is awesome. There is a lot of deep stuff in there that I never knew. Preach My Gospel is, too. If I have a question about how to do anything involved with missionary work it's in there.
I study Korean for 1 hour every day. It's going pretty good. I'm definitely not the best at speaking, but I'm not shy about talking to people on the street so I learn a lot from trial and error. I only see 1 white person a week and there are a few Indian people. Every one else is Korean. Being an American is a big help when we jundo (proselyte). People are always surprised that I know any Korean at all so they'll usually talk to me for at least a minute or so. Quite a few people here know English or at least a little bit so they like to practice with us. A lot of the time when we give a lesson we'll teach English for 30 minutes then teach a lesson in Korean for 30 minutes.
Conference was sweet! Our whole zone met together at the church to watch it. We also had zone Conference last week. That was awesome! I left feeling pretty pumped.
Thanks for the letters! That was awesome to read dad's letters to Ben. He had some good advice. I only get mail about every 2 or 3 weeks so it might take a while for me to reply to letters. We can email every P day though. Well, thanks for everything! I love you!
Elder Lufkin



No comments:
Post a Comment