I just got out to my area and got unpacked. My new companion is awesome! His name is Elder Houston. He's from Springville which is about 10 min from Provo, UT. He's been out for almost a year and is already really good at the language. After this we are going to buy some groceries and then we have a couple appointments tonight starting at 7:30. P-day ends at 6:00 so I think we'll just be proselyting when we don't have appointments.
We live in a little 3.5 room apartment/cottage. There’s a bathroom/laundry room, a bedroom, kitchen, and a room with a dresser and clothes drying rack. (They don't have dryers in Korea)
So, the 1st day we just talked to President and Sister Burton, had a snack and went to bed. I and 3 others stayed in the president’s house with them. We arrived at their house at about 8ish. The next day we had some training, went out proselyting, filled out paperwork, and taught a lesson to Korean members. It was a fun day and it flew by. After we taught the lesson we went out to proselyte some more with one of the President's Assistants. I met a kid on the sidewalk and told him about the Book of Mormon and why we were there and asked him a few questions. When I ran out of stuff to say the AP took over and was able to set up an appointment to teach him later. It wasn't in my area so I won't get to teach him though. After that we went back and went to bed. Today we woke up and played soccer for a while at a school playground then showered and had personal study. All the trainers came at about 9 and we ate breakfast together at the President’s house. We had some more training and a testimony meeting and after that President Burton assigned our companions. It was pretty cool. Elder Houston and I took a subway and a bus to our area. It's about an hour from the mission home, but still in the city. It’s been pretty cool walking around. There are a lot of little markets and shops.



Proselyting has been pretty fun. White people are really rare. I've only seen one white person so far and he was here from Australia teaching English. It's been pretty easy to talk to most people because they like to find out what we're doing and the younger ones like to practice speaking English to us.
Well that’s about all that’s happened so far.
This is my address here:
Elder Lufkin
Seoul West Mission
Songpa-gu
Ogum-dong 24-1
Seoul, Korea
138-130
Today, is Thursday the 3rd and it’s about 4:40 in the afternoon right now.
We go to the Presidents house every 2-3 weeks to get mail and packages so I might not be able to reply for a while if anyone writes. I have an hour to email on p-days though so probably just tell the family to email most of the time.
I have been having an awesome time! Let me know any questions that you have about anything. I'll send you some pics in my next email and I'll probably mail a camera card home pretty soon too. I hope you're all doing well! I love you!
Elder Lufkin
P.S. President Burton and his wife are awesome! I liked staying with them a lot. The AP’s were really cool too. They gave me a few pointers about teaching and stuff so it was a fun couple days. The AP’s and 4 other missionaries live in an apartment that is combined with the Burtons house and a few offices and the church. It’s like a 3 story building that the church owns.



No comments:
Post a Comment