Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Call





Jess' mission call came as quite a surprise. After all he had only sent in his papers 2 weeks previous to it's arrival. This is the story...Jess went out to dinner with his brothers and sisters because Leslie and family were visiting from Norway. I got home from work that evening and checked the mail without remembering it was THURSDAY and mission calls usually come on a Thursday. I checked the mail and there it was! I put the 'call' back in the mailbox and quickly 'texted' his brothers and sisters who were in the middle of dinner with Jess, and said "Jess' call is here! Should we surprise him or should I call him immediately?" Well, James and Jacob didn't have their phones with them, but Lauren and Bree got the message and let out a squeal, then secretly showed the text message to their husbands and texted me back 'let's surprise him...we'll bring him home ASAP'. When everyone pulled in the driveway, I casually opened the door and said "Hi everyone! Hey Jess could you please check the mail for me before you come in the house?" Jess was clueless, checked the mail and walked to the house. When he realized what was in the mail he got a million dollar grin on his face and said "It's here!" Well, I had called more family members to hurry over to watch Jess open his call and in the meantime he went into the dining room and opened his call! Bree called out 'he is opening it', so we hurried in and Bree quickly snapped a picture as Jess told James he was going to KOREA!









Family and friends came over to congratulate Jess and share in his exciting news.

No comments:

Post a Comment